Translate

Monday 5 December 2016

November Wrap-Up

I read some books in November, these are those books.


How Not To Disappear by Clare Furniss
What a great book. This book dealt with so many taboo subjects and it was amazing for doing so. This book looked at teen pregnancy, rape, unhealthy relationships, LGBTQ+ characters, dementia, racism and probably more things that I've forgotten. Seeing this list of subjects within the book does make it seem like it is trying to do too much, but all of these plot points were well developed and on the whole the book was an enjoyable read. I gave this book four stars as it was so good and the only thing that would have made it five stars for me would have been less of a happy, all issues resolved ending as that isn't true to life  and this book had so many gritty, hard hitting subjects it felt wrong for it to end on such a pleasant note.

Kill The Boyband by Goldy Moldavsky
This was a reread and I really enjoyed being able to not have to fully concentrate on a book as I haven't reread a book since May! The premise of this book is a group of fans of a band called The Ruperts stay in a hotel in the hope of meeting their idols and let's just say they did more than just meet them... I really love this book as it is really relatable, given the chance wouldn't we all want to stalk our idols? My favourite part of this book is the dark comedic element making this a more light-hearted story as it could have quite easily been a book trying to take itself too seriously and I think that would have ruined it. This book was perfect for me, but for some reason I don't remember I gave it four stars not five.


City Of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
I didn't enjoy this book as much as I did City Of Ashes and for most of reading it felt like a chore, which is quite sad because I still love these characters and this world, but there was not really a great plot to this book. I did enjoy the small, meaningless conversations, the character development and the addition of new characters and that is what gave this book three stars as the plot itself was not great.

Tales Of The Peculiar by Ransom Riggs
Tales of the peculiar was a really nice addition to the series as it adds more to the world and now I can link so many things that happen in the original trilogy with what I read in this. Also, this book reclaimed my love for the Miss Peregrine's series as after Library Of Souls I had fallen out of love with the series and hearing that there is going to be another trilogy set in the same world didn't excite me, but now I can't wait! I don't know what was so great about this book, I can't pinpoint it, but I really enjoyed it. I gave Tales Of the Peculiar four stars.

Songs About A Girl by Chris Russell
There is nothing really to say about this book other that it was nice. The concept wasn't especially ground-breaking or mind-blowing, but it was written in a way so that it was amazing even so! Songs About A Girl is the story of Charlie Bloom as she becomes the photographer for Fire and Lights, the biggest boyband, and what happens along with that. This book is the first in a trilogy and after reading the ending I can't wait for the sequel next year. Overall, I gave Songs About A Girl four stars.

Thanks for reading. What did you read in November?
Last Post: Book Spine Poetry
Twitter: twitter.com/ElReadABook
Goodreads: goodreads.com/EleanorReadABook

No comments:

Post a Comment