Translate

Wednesday 23 November 2016

Book Spine Poetry?

I wanted to do book spine poetry, but couldn't manage to make only book titles into something worthwhile so instead I have written a poem inspired by Book titles. To make it clear where the book titles are I have made them bold.

Welcome to the City Of Ashes,
You travelled for months on the Sea Of Trolls,
Looking for All That Glitters Under Rose-Tainted Skies,
Not The Last Beginning

You stayed for 13 minutes, that was enough,
to know this was just a Hollow City under a Broken Sky.
Darkness follows your every step, fear engulfing you,
but 'Boys don't cry'

You were supposed to be the One to save us all,
It was Life Or Death,
And your death was down to The Big Lie.
Goodbye old friend,
My tears run Off The Page,
As I exchange Blood for Blood, for you,
I Carry On without you,
but I want you to know Everything I Never Told You...

I constantly wonder Am I Normal Yet?
but no Me being Me Is exactly as Insane as You being You,
So many Accident seasons and I'm still not cured,

Please just tell me How Not To Disappear.


What do you think? I'm quite proud of this as poetry really isn't my thing, but this is alright!
Can you do any better? Thanks for reading.

Last Post: October Wrap-Up
Twitter: twitter.com/ElReadABook
Goodreads: goodreads.com/EleanorReadABook

No comments:

Post a Comment