Translate

Tuesday 13 December 2016

New York Times By The Book Tag


I was tagged to do this by the wonderful Liv at livswonderfulescape.wordpress.com and this was the first time I've been tagged to do something, so I'm doing it straight away!


What book is on your nightstand right now?
Currently on my nightstand is Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne as it is the book I'm currently reading and really enjoying!

What was the last truly great book you read?
I think it might have been How Not To Disappear by Clare Furniss as it dealt with so many taboo subjects that authors often shy away from such as teen pregnancy, unhealthy relationships, dementia. The very frank nature of this book was what I loved so much about it and that was why it was such a great book.

If you could meet any writer - dead or alive - who would it be and what would you ask them?
This is a very difficult question for me as I kind of feel like meeting an author can ruin the magic of their book as you ask that burning question about whatever and then all your theories are gone leaving no imagination to the story. So, I wouldn't want to meet any author to find out something, I'd rather read the book and make my own conclusions, so the story stays unique to me.

What books might we be suprised to find on your shelves?
I don't think any of my books are out of character for me to own really, other that the fact that I own 37 Jacqueline Wilson books and I have just done the maths to find out that is over 20% of all the books I own!

How do you organise your personal library?
I order it alphabetically by the authors surname. I believe this is the best method as it means it's easy to find your books and add new ones to your collection.

What book have you always meant to read and haven't gotten around to yet? Any books you are embarrassed that you haven't read?
For the past few years I have been meaning to read Dracula as it seems like a book I would really enjoy and I don't read enough classics. In October I went to Whitby, the home of Dracula, and got a copy of it and I still haven't read it! I'm ashamed that I haven't read any Oscar Wilde as I loved The Importance Of Being Earnest when I saw at the Curve, Leicester earlier this year and have been meaning to read some of Wilde's other work since then.

Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book do you feel you were suppose to like but didn't?
I'm a lucky person as I enjoy most books I read, but a book I really didn't like was the Dictionary Of Mutual Understanding. It had such good reviews and I wanted to like it, but I just didn't. For me it was too much description for not a lot happening and the characters were not strong enough to carry the story forward either.

What kind of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?
Genre is of little importance to me, I read most things. One thing I do really look for in a story is a diverse cast of characters as we need more diversity and to get more diversity we need to support the diverse books already out there. 

If you could require the President to read any one book, what would it be?
Probably, Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill as it has far too many parallels to the world we currently live and would, hopefully, come as a shock to the system and a call for change. 

And finally, what do you plan to read next?
The next book for me to read is How Hard Can Love Be? by Holly Bourne as I'm aiming to read all of the Spinster Club books together so I can fully immerse myself in the world.

I tag
And anyone else who wants to do this tag.

Thanks for reading.
Last Post: November Wrap-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment