Translate

Monday 10 October 2016

I got a lot of books!

In the last just over a month I bought and received 20 books and so I can feel less guilty about this I'm making this post  to show you what I got.

When I took this photo I was messing around with filters and accidentally deleted my other photos I took, so I'm sorry if you can't really see the covers. BUT, just take a moment and appreciate how great that photo looks... Ok shall we carry on now?

Broken Sky and Darkness Follows by L.A Weatherly
I won a maximum pop competition to get these books and before I received them I didn't know a lot about them other than the fact they are kind of dystopian.

One by Sarah Crossan
On a trip to Birmingham to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang I found Foyles, which was bad considering their 3 for 2 offer that led to the purchase of this book. One has intrigued me for quite a while, so I'm glad that I finally got to buy it.

13 Minutes by Sarah Pinborough
Another book I won, but this time a book I was genuinely excited to read as I had heard about it being made into a Netflix series and wanted to find out why.

Remix by Non Pratt 
On that same trip to Birmingham I stumbled into a Waterstones and just had to get two books this being one of them. I've heard good things about this book and can't wait to find out how good it actually is.

The Last Beginning by Lauren James
This was one of my most anticipated releases of the year and getting this book has a bit of a story to it. So, I had ordered it from Amazon hoping to get it on the day of release and could read it straight away, but Amazon deceided against this idea and said it was going to come on the 12th, thus I cancelled the order. The next few days were spent wondering how on earth I could get it on the day of release, luckily Waterstones click and collect came to my rescue and I ordered it and caught a few buses to go get it. I feel this story shows how important this book is to me or how overly obsessed with books I am.

The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
I bought these books on impulse because I saw the spines of a few in W H Smith and thought they looked cool and then went into The Works and found they were being sold in a boxset for only £12 and I couldn't not buy them.

The Graces by Laure Eve 
This is the other book I bought on that trip to Birmingham Waterstones and is a book I have heard a lot about and want to read now my reading is expanding into genres other than contemporary.

Billy And Me by Giovanna Fletcher
My mum gave me this book off of her shelf as I wanted to read it and it was taking up room on her's so now it is going to take up space on mine instead.

Songs About A Girl by Chris Russell
I bought this in the 3 for 2 in Foyles and I couldn't not this is a book I have been meaning to read for quite awhile and it was signed so now I own it.

The Spinster Club Trilogy by Holly Bourne
I've heard a lot of good things about these books and after reading Soulmates it was clear I really wanted to read these books and now I can!

Tales Of The Peculiar by Ransom Riggs
I loved the world in the Miss Peregrine's trilogy so why wouldn't I get this book to find out more about it. Now all I have to do is find the right time to read it.

Unboxed by Non Pratt
I was quite intrigued by this book, it's concept and the fact it was dyslexia friendly, This is the main reason I bought it, I wanted to find out why everyone is talking about this book and have it there to give myself a wider look at what is available in YA at the moment.


And that is all the books I got recently, the only problem now is finding the time to actually read them! Thanks for reading. What books have you bought recently or are planning to buy?
Last Post: September Wrap-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment